What you should do to prepare your home for when the photographer comes to take pictures of your home for sale. Here is a helpful checklist!
· Remove all vehicles from driveways and do not park directly in front of the house.
· Remove children’s toys and make sure all sprinklers, hoses and gardening equipment are put away or in order.
· Sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios
· Spruce up your garden and lawn; trim shrubbery and mow the lawn.
· Remove all trash and recycling cans from view.
· Remove personal items (family photos, knick knacks, religious or political items)
· Remove clutter; straighten up shelves and tables.
· Move access furniture out of rooms. You want the space clean, open and clutter-free dog crates, tray tables, kid’s toys, etc)
· Hide TV/Stereo remotes and clear away newspapers and magazines
· Make sure all beds are made and free of lumps and wrinkles
· Clear all dressers and bedside tables
· Hang clothes neatly or fold and put away
· Clear off counter tops and remove any appliances (toasters, coffee pots, knife blocks, etc.)
· Remove photos, notes, papers and magnets from the refrigerator
· Clean the major appliances- refrigerator, oven, range hood, and wipe down all countertops
· Make sure dishes are out of the sink and put away
· Remove trash can, floor rugs and dish towels
· Clear all counters and vanities
· All toilet seats should be down and lid closed; remove all toilet cleaning and maintenance utensils
· Clean mirrors and glass surfaces
· Make sure all towels match, are clean and are neatly folded
· Remove trash cans and floor rugs
· Clean out as much clutter as possible
· Open all curtains and blinds
· Vacuum the carpets
· Make sure all light bulbs are working; don’t mix halogen bulbs with CFL bulbs
· Turn all lights ON
· Turn all ceiling fans OFF
· Pet accessories, food bowls, beds, scratch posts, litterboxes, etc.